How do I Drive Medtech Product Development? With Kirsten Carroll, Kandu Health
WATCH or LISTEN below, thank you for supporting MedtechWOMEN Talks!
In the first episode of the newest series from the DeviceTalks Podcast Network, our guest Kirsten Carroll, CEO of Kandu Health shares her insights on the medical device product development cycle from the perspective of “The Product Director.”
With more than a decade and a half in product management for Boston Scientific and Stryker Neurovascular, Kirsten discusses the roles of product management, design verification, and design validation in ensuring a successful product launch. She also highlights the significance of generating clinical evidence and tailoring it to different stakeholders. Kirsten’s key message is the value of effective communication and collaboration in developing and launching medical devices.
TL;DR – Key takeaways:
- Collaboration between different teams is crucial in the medical device product development cycle.
- User needs should be clearly defined and translated into specifications for design verification.
- Design validation involves testing the product with the intended users to ensure it meets their expectations.
- Clinical evidence generation should align with the specific needs of different stakeholders.
- Effective communication and collaboration are essential for successful product development and launch.
Tune in and subscribe to DeviceTalks on all major podcast channels and follow youtube.com/@DeviceTalks to ensure you never miss an episode.